These days, search engine optimization (SEO) has become the gold standard of every website you can find and visit on the internet. If you’re running a web platform, you probably know how important SEO is, especially when attracting huge traffic, generating leads, and converting them into sales.
On-page SEO, on the other hand, is a type of SEO focused on optimizing every web page of your website to improve search engine rankings, gain more traffic, and earn more income. You may be wondering how it can do all these things. If that’s the case, here’s a brief overview you might want to know:
- It helps identify relevant keywords.
- It analyzes the entire website platform.
- It focuses on internal linking.
- It helps publish high-quality content.
However, performing on-page SEO alone may not be enough to improve your site’s ranking. It’s best to recognize the importance of executing on-page SEO checks and audits. If that’s the case, you might need a technical SEO audit template to conduct your task effectively.
You might be asking, is it really important to perform on-page SEO checks? To answer that question, here are the following reasons why the process of conducting audits is crucial for your website.
It Helps Improves The Speed Of Your Website
Does the loading speed of your website affect your SEO ranking? Actually, loading speed doesn’t affect the SEO ranking of your website. However, it may do so indirectly when it comes to other factors, such as bounce and dwelling rates.
If your website often requires more than three seconds to load completely, visitors may jump from your site to another. They’ll most likely look for other less annoying websites than yours, increasing your site’s bounce rates and decreasing your dwelling rates.
When you conduct on-page SEO checks regularly, you’ll be able to see if your website is loading at ideal speeds, which are normally between one to two seconds. If your website doesn’t load properly, here are some tips that may help you improve its loading speed optimally:
- Use A Content Delivery Network (CDN): CDN will cache your content through multiple channels across the world to improve the loading speed of your website.
- Optimize Your Images: This is a simple yet effective trick to boost your website’s speed. You may compress your images to reduce their size or crop large images and remove any unnecessary elements. Also, use JPEG or PNG format for best results.
These are the most common tips you can execute to improve the loading speed of your platform. You may search for other tips in case they don’t work and meet your demands.
It Helps Improve Your Keyword Use
Keywords are extremely important in SEO. They can be a simple blend of words or complex phrases that improve organic search traffic. In fact, your visitors make use of them when they search for something connected and relevant to your business.
When you conduct your audits, you’ll see if the keywords on your websites are optimized. If they’re not, you may follow some tips below:
- Optimize Your Title Tags And Meta-Description: Make sure they’re unique and contain the right number of characters. Search engines prefer 50 to 60 characters for title tags and 100 to 155 for meta-description.
- Find The Right Keywords: Create a list of keywords you’ll probably use for every content you post. You may also use a keyword search tool to achieve better results and identify if you’re using the right keywords.
- Use Long-Tail Keywords: These are keywords that search engines love. They’re specific and help users find the information they need. A good example of a long-tail keyword is ‘best cheese for lasagna.’
- Avoid Keyword Stuffing: Keyword stuffing is the process of using the same keywords multiple times across the content. It was once an ideal way to improve SEO ranking, but now, search engines hate it.
These tips will help you optimize your keyword use to generate more traffic and increase your chances of making sales.
It Helps Improves Your Internal Linking Strategy
Internal linking is the process of incorporating a relevant link from your domain into other content from your website. Its main goal is to make your visitors spend more time on your website, further increasing your dwelling rate and improving your overall SEO ranking. But why is it important to search engines?
If a web page has a reasonable number of internal links, search engines will recognize the page as high-quality, valuable, and relevant. As a result, they’ll give that specific page a higher rank to commend its value.
Also, internal linking is a crucial element of your website you can fully control. With proper use and execution, you’ll be able to guide search engines and your visitors across your website without any problems. Here are some internal linking tips you may consider:
- Publish Content Consistently: Since the main goal is to improve your dwelling rate, you must publish relevant content consistently. This will encourage your readers to check out your other resources and stay longer in your domain.
- Use Anchor Text: Experts suggest that it’d be better to use anchor text than images for links. Images may do fine as long as they’re correctly alt-tagged. Otherwise, it’d be best to stick around with anchor text.
- Use Relevant Links: Never incorporate any links not related to the content. Instead, make sure they’re connected to the topic discussed to learn more about it.
- Show Your Most Recommended Content: You want to ensure that what you’ll recommend is related to the topic you’re presenting. This way, visitors will be encouraged to learn more and dive deeper through your website.
Follow these simple internal linking hacks to improve your overall SEO ranking effectively.
On-page SEO checks allow you to audit your entire website to identify potential problems that may negatively affect your search engine results. These issues include poor loading speed, keyword use, and insufficient internal linking.
With on-page SEO audits, you’ll be able to optimize your system regularly, improve your rankings, and obtain more organic traffic. You may also check out some tips above that may help address your concerns effectively.