Youtube Banner Size & YouTube Channel Art Size Guide
In addition to being a video-sharing platform, YouTube is also the world’s second-largest search engine. A great YouTube banner looks a lot like a great book cover, which attracts attention and gives you insight. It’s important how the public perceives YouTube channels.
In this article, we will share with you what every business wants to know in order to create YouTube banners with the correct size and file size for different devices. You will also find some guidelines on the size of YouTube channel art size.
Table of Contents
- How To Download YouTube Videos? [Step by Step]
- YouTube’s New Criteria for Creator Monetization
- What Are the Pros and Cons of YouTube?
- YouTube channels with views below 10K won’t be allowed to display ads
Fast Version of YouTube Banner Size
Here is the fast version of YouTube images sizes.
- Ideal size: 2560 x 1440 pixels
- Minimum: 2048 x 1152 pixels
- Safe area: 1540 x 427 pixels, center
- Maximum: 6 MB file size.
Explained Version of YouTube Banner Size
You may watch YouTube on a variety of devices, not just desktop computers. And how the banner screen changes which is depending on the device. On a desktop browser and on a cell phone, it is displayed as a narrow horizontal panorama with an aspect ratio of 6.2:1.
If you are using a TV, this is a 16:9 full-screen YouTube image, but you can only specify one image to use, so you need to make sure it is suitable for horizontal stripes and formats.
- How To Get Subscribers On YouTube For More Views, Watch Time And Comments [Updated]
- YouTube SEO Tips- Ultimate Guide to Rank Higher in YouTube
Recommendations of YouTube Banner Size
Before we learn how to change and customize the layout of YouTube channels, please make sure that the YouTube images are set on basic recommendations.
- The ideal size recommended by YouTube for banner images is 2560 pixels wide and 1440 pixels high.
- The width of the YouTube image must be at least 2048 pixels, and the height must be at least 1152 pixels. Therefore, you fixed without an image with a very low resolution. If you try to upload a smaller image, you will receive the error message.
- The maximum size is not limited by the size, and the fixile size is limited to 6MB.
YouTube Channel Art Size
The YouTube channel art is similar to a title or cover photo, where you can add images to highlight or represent your business. So that your channel layout looks good on all devices and browsers. Since it’s displayed differently on all devices, it’s recommended that you follow official YouTube image size guidelines to get the ideal cover photo for your YouTube channel.
According to YouTube, the best channel layout size is 2560 pixels wide and 1440 pixels high. However, other size requirements should be considered. They are:
- Minimum file size: 2048 x 1152
- Minimum safe area for text and logo: 1546 x 423 pixels, but large images can be cropped on some devices or screens.
- Maximum width: 2560 x 423 pixels, which is regardless of the screen size, the “safe zone” is always visible
- Maximum file size: 6MB (but the file size can be smaller)
Your channel art can be anything, but it should help users quickly identify your business. If your channel design does not help increase brand awareness, it may not work well. You can change the layout of your channel to promote special events, such as upcoming webinars or your company’s events.
How to Upload on YouTube Channel Art?
Let us step through the process of uploading a YouTube banner. Some steps to add new or existing YouTube images to your channel banner.
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- Click the thumbnail in the upper right corner and then click your channel.
- Click anywhere in the banner area and upload (or drag and drop) images from your computer.
- The preview shows how the selected YouTube banner will be displayed on different devices. At this point, you can adjust the crop to change the way the image is displayed.
- When you are satisfied with the picture, click “Select”.