Files Over Miles has been the top choice for most businesses to share details with their employees and staff members regarding a specific project. Over the years, this tool has continued overhauling the users because of its tremendous features and attributes. However, some of its aspects became the cause of its downfall. Thus, brands have started looking for alternatives to perform the same operations. But, it is pretty challenging to assess so many options available on the web. Therefore, we have developed this guide on its top 8 alternatives you should look at in 2023.
An Intro to Files Over Miles
Files Over Miles was a browser-to-browser file-sharing service that allowed users to transfer files directly from one computer to another without intermediary servers or cloud storage. It was created by Bartosz Biskupski in 2009 and was considered a groundbreaking service at the time. Here are some key details about Files Over Miles:
- Browser-to-Browser File Sharing: Files Over Miles operated on a peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing model. Users could share files by simply using their web browsers without uploading files to a central server.
- Direct File Transfer: Unlike traditional file-sharing methods that involve uploading and downloading files to a server, it allows users to send files directly between their browsers. This resulted in faster file transfers.
- No Account Required: It did not require users to create accounts or log in. Users could visit the website and start sharing files with others by generating unique URLs for each transfer.
- Proof-of-Concept Service: Files Over Miles was considered a proof-of-concept service, demonstrating the potential of browser
Top Files Over Miles Alternatives
After analyzing the features of Files Over Miles, we have made them standard to look for the best alternatives you can opt for in 2023. The under-section will highlight the top 8 software available on the web.
1 – Microsoft OneDrive
Microsoft OneDrive is the top alternative to Files Over Miles because of its convenient cloud storage and file-sharing attributes. You can leverage the potential of this top-quality software to save and transfer your files to a more considerable distance. Moreover, it helps you grab the potential benefits of other tools integration. Some other features of this high-end platform are the following.
- Enhanced Integration: We described previously that OneDrive can integrate with other Office tools to improve your business’s and staff members’ productivity.
- File Versioning: Another exclusive feature is file versioning, which allows you to reverse the files to their original forms. Hence, you can restore your previous data to extract critical insights.
- Automatic Backup: OneDrive has bypassed the popularity of Files Over Miles to back up photos and videos from your mobile devices automatically to keep them safe and secure.
- Collaboration Feature: The collaboration feature of OneDrive is mighty practical as it offers real-time communication with other members to increase the project’s productivity.
A free plan is available with a storage capacity of 5GB. While the premium plans will charge you according to the following figures.
- Basic: $19.99 per month
- Personal: $69.99 per month
- Family: $99.99 per month
2 – Google Drive
Google Drive is the best alternative to Files Over Miles due to its multi-platform availability and easy access. You can store the data for a long time and share it with anyone. Some other features of this platform are the following.
- Customized Access: You can customize the access option to allow only selected individuals to access the files.
- Easy Downloading: Besides viewing, you can download the files to store them on your personal devices as well.
- Offline Viewing: Another exciting feature of Google Drive is that it allows you to store the files for offline viewing.
The pricing plans are as follows:
- Personal: Free of cost
- Business Standard: $12 per month
3 – Dropbox
Another high-end platform with exceptional attributes to store and share files, Dropbox, can also be the best replacement for Files Over Miles. Its robust interface and excellent encryption standards are enough to influence users and deliver widespread popularity. Other qualities are the following:
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: Cross-platform compatibility is widely required in this fast-paced world to handle projects, even with the help of smartphones. Moreover, it is needed so people using different operating systems can get its benefits without facing issues.
- Synchronization: Another dominating feature of this brilliant platform is that it synced the files across all the platforms. Thus, you can access them from any computer or device with your account logged in over it.
- Collaboration Options: Project management tools must have high collaboration efficiency to allow multiple users to work on the same file and accomplish the task. Dropbox is mighty effective with this feature integrated into its core values.
- File History: You can access the version history of the stored files to know when and where the changes were made. Hence, you can track the records of improvements made to the data available.
Dropbox offers multiple subscription plans, as described below.
- Plus: $9.99 per month
- Professional: $16.58 per month
- Standard: $15 per month
- Advanced: $24 per month
4 – AirDroid Personal
AirDroid Personal is the next alternative to Files Over Miles for its large range of features for businesses and brands. It helps users remotely manage their functions and ensure 100 percent collaboration with staff members for better productivity. The top attributes are mentioned in the under-section.
- Notification Monitoring: Notification monitoring is the exclusive feature of this high-end software to help you know about the latest changes made to the files.
- Third-Party App Installation: AirDroid also helps you to manage and install apps to improve the efficiency and performance of this software. Moreover, it enhances its functioning, taking your company’s progress to the ultimate level of success.
- Backup Functionality: The restore option allows you to back up the previous versions of your files to find which data could be the best to integrate into your project.
- User-Friendly Interface: AirDroid Personal showcases a highly user-friendly interface to enable you to access and manage the data effortlessly to enhance productivity and convenience.
The pricing plans of AirDroid Personal are as follows.
- Monthly Plan: $3.99 per month
- Quarterly Plan: $9.69 per month
- Yearly Plan: $29.99 per month
5 – WeTransfer
We have added WeTransfer to this rundown because of its exceptional file-sharing services and other qualities under a budget-friendly subscription plan. Moreover, its simplicity put it at the top in popularity and usage. Some of the top attributes of WeTransfer are the following that make it a good alternative to Files Over Miles.
- Easy-to-Use Interface: It is very easy to operate WeTransfer because of its elaborative interface and enhanced navigation features.
- Large File Sending: You can send larger files, even in free plans, to your companions or colleagues to perform the desired function.
- Personalized Customization: WeTransfer comes with many features to customize the download page and background for an improved visual experience.
- Password Protection: You can also secure your data with the help of password protection. Hence, this extra layer of security mitigates the risk of data stealing.
WeTransfer has the following membership plans.
- Free: No cost
- Pro: $10 per month
- Premium: $19 per month
6 – pCloud
pCloud is a comprehensive solution to help you store larger files in cloud storage and a user-friendly interface. Additionally, it possesses robust features, taking you directly to the next level of success. Some of them are the following.
- Link Sharing: pCloud allows you to share files with non-pCloud users with the help of links. Thus, everyone can access the files. Also, you can customize the sharing option for safety concerns.
- File Comments: Another critical feature is adding comments to your files and folders. So everyone can understand essential notes and considerations associated with a specific file.
- Third-Party App Integration: pCloud also allows you to connect it with other apps and services due to its integration feature to streamline the workflow.
pCloud offers a lifetime subscription. Thus, you should select the plan wisely and according to your company’s requirements.
- Premium: $299
- Premium Plus: $599
- Custom Plan: $1,190
7 – Send Anywhere
Send Anywhere is present in this rundown on the best alternatives to Files Over Miles because of its simple interface and enhanced security characteristics. Above all, it ensures safe trading and file downloading, promising to deliver the best outcomes to you. Some of its other exclusive features are the following.
- No Registration: There is no need for user registration to send and receive files to others. As a result, it ensures a quick and hassle-free sharing experience.
- Enhanced Security: Microsoft OneDrive has surpassed the Files Over Miles due to its improved security and safety features. You can save and share the files while prioritizing the security.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: It is compatible with various devices and platforms, including web browsers, desktop applications, and mobile apps, ensuring you get all-over benefits.
- Expiration and Download Limits: Another exceptional attribute of OneDrive is that you can set the expiration date to eradicate outdated data or project files after completion.
Send Anywhere has not revealed its pricing plans, and you must create your account and send a custom quote to get the plan.
8 – Filemail
Filemail is the best in the business for its brilliance in project management. Besides saving and sharing the files, it generates critical insights to manage the task more precisely and accurately to improve the efficiency and productivity of your company. Other qualities are the following.
- Recipient Tracking: After sending the files, you can check how many users have opened them to ensure that only selected individuals can access the data.
- Advanced Security: Filemail also has robust security features to ensure encryption and security protocols.
- Custom Branding: Lastly, you can customize your file transfer page with your logo or trademark symbol to improve your company’s branding.
Three subscription plans are available to subscribe with pricing details as follows.
- Pro: $12 per month
- Business: $12 per month
- Enterprise: $30 per month
Files Over Miles has been a tremendous choice for business, but it may not fulfill all your file-sharing and collaboration requirements. Therefore, you must look for its best alternatives, which offer various features and capabilities, from personal file sharing to enterprise-level collaboration and security. When choosing a suitable alternative, consider your requirements, such as file size limits, collaboration needs, security concerns, and integration with other tools. Doing so lets you find the perfect choice that suits your individual or business needs.