How to Clear Cookies on iPhone & Why You Should?
Cookies are tiny pieces of data that websites store on your iPhone. They are used to keep track of your activities on the web and can be helpful for things like remembering your login information and keeping track of items in your shopping cart. However, sometimes cookies can also be a nuisance- they can take up space on your device, and they can slow down your browsing experience. Here, we will show you how to clear cookies on your iPhone, and explain why you might want to do so.
Table of Contents
What Cookies Are?
Cookies are also referred to as HTTP, web, browser, or internet cookies. They are basically small text files that are stored on your computer or phone when you visit a website. This text file stores information that can be used to track your activities on the web. For example, a cookie can be used to store your login information so that you don’t have to enter it every time you visit a website. Cookies can also be used to keep track of items in your shopping cart, and to deliver targeted advertising.
However, cookies can also be a nuisance. They can take up space on your device, and they can slow down your browsing experience. Additionally, some people believe that cookies are a privacy concern because they can be used to track your online activities. Cookies that have been modified or obtained from a malicious source might cause problems such as unusual browser behavior or web pages not loading. For these reasons, you may want to clear cookies on iPhone from time to time.
Benefits of Clearing Cookies on an iPhone:
There are several benefits of clearing cookies on an iPhone. Some of the important benefits are given below:
- First, it can help to free up space on your device. Cookies can take up a significant amount of space, especially if you have many of them stored.
- Clearing cookies can help to improve your browsing experience. If cookies are causing your browser to run slowly, or if they are causing problems with loading web pages, then clearing them can help.
- Clearing cookies can also improve your privacy. If you are concerned about cookies being used to track your online activities, then deleting them can help to mitigate this risk.
How to Clear Cookies on iPhone:
There are a few different ways to clear cookies on iPhones. You can do it through the Settings app, within the app, or using any third-party app.
To clear cookies through the Settings app:
- Open the Settings app.
- Move down and click on the Safari app
- Scroll down and tap on the Advanced option
- Here you will see the website data at the top, open it
- Here you have two options
- Clear Cookies one by one on the websites
- Clear cookies of the browsing history
- Here you can select the website to which cookies you want to clear on your iPhone or select all those to avoid any type of background usage.
After choosing the apps, simply click on the delete option. All of your cookies data from the browser will be removed.
There is also an option to delete the whole browsing history simply by following the below steps:
- Go to the Settings app
- Click on Safari
- Under the General tab, scroll down and tap on Clear History and Website Data.
- A pop-up window will appear, asking if you are sure you want to do this. Tap Clear History and Data to confirm.
You can also clear the history using this method:
- Go to settings
- Open Safari setting
- Move down and click on the Clear History and Website data.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear, click and go with it. Your history will be deleted from the iPhone.
Why You Should Clear Cookies on an iPhone:
As we mentioned above, there are several reasons why you might want to clear cookies on your iPhone. If cookies are taking up space on your device, or if they are causing problems with your browsing experience, then deleting them can help. Additionally, if you are concerned about cookies being used to track your online activities, then clearing them can help to improve your privacy.
If you’re having trouble browsing on an iPhone, it’s possible that your cookies are causing issues with the way your browser is behaving. It’s also possible that you’ll want to clear your cookies in order to save storage space or preserve privacy. Some privacy advocates recommend eliminating all cookies so that websites can’t collect personal information about you.
How to Block Cookies on iPhone Permanently:
If you want to block all cookies on your iPhone, there are a few different ways to do it. You can adjust your Safari in Settings App:
- Open the Settings app and go to Safari App
- After scrolling down you’ll find the option Block all Cookies
- Confirm it again. Now your browser will not provide access to cookies on any website
How to Clear Cookies on iPhone other Browsers:
As we know, there are many iPhone browsers available in the app store. So if you use any other browser apart from Safari then follow the steps below to clear cookies:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone
- Find and open the browser that you are using currently from the list of installed apps
- Clear all the data from the app by tapping on Clear Data or Clear History and Website Data option
- A confirmation message will appear, tap on OK to confirm
Now all the cookies from your browser will be deleted. That’s all folks! These were the methods through
To clear cookies using a third-party app:
Download and install a cookie-clearing app on your iPhone. We recommend Cleaner or Cookie Cleaner, but there are many other options available.
- Open the app and tap Clear Cookies.
- Confirm that you want to delete the cookies by tapping Clear.
- All of the cookies from your iPhone will now be deleted.
We hope this article was helpful in explaining how to clear cookies on an iPhone, as well as why you might want to do it. If you have also faced a low browsing speed or any other issue due to cookies then follow the steps given in this article to fix it. As we all know, prevention is better than cure. So, it’s better to take some preventive measures like using a VPN or ad blocker to stop cookies from being installed in the first place.