Arc Search is a new iPhone browser, launched by the Browser Company. Josh Miller, the former Facebook product manager, founded the Browser company, and since then, it has been working on integrating artificial intelligence into different versions and systems. The new app launched works on AI algorithms to provide users with precise web results so that they don’t get overwhelmed by the larger data sets. Arc Search extracts a comprehensive dataset from the online web results and focuses on the most important segments to ensure that users can have the best outcomes.
Benefits of Arc Search
Unlike the other traditional browsers, Arc search is one of the simplest and fastest ways to search the things over the web. Instead of showing a complete list of links, snippets, or articles, this AI-powered model integrates all the web pages and creates a new page with all the information and data assembled on it. Generally, the information is precise for easy understanding by all the users. The AI model used by the Arc search is provided by the OpenAI. In traditional searches, the search engine comes up with highly relevant results. For example, when you search for how to cook an egg, the traditional result pages will only showcase the procedure. On the other hand, Arc Search will create a webpage with all the relevant aspects involved, like ingredients, techniques, and cooking processes.
Moreover, there could be an additional section for images and videos to elaborate on the data more effectively. This feature, “Browse for me” helps the users to get the information straightforwardly, diminishing the requirement to scroll through a large number of links or lengthy articles.
Features of Arc Search
Arc Search also offers an enormous set of features and functionalities to ensure that users can have the best experience while extracting information and knowledge regarding a particular topic. Some brilliant quality features are the following:
- Reader Mode: This mode will remove all the popups and advertisements from the newly created page. As a result, you can read the page content comfortably without any distractions.
- Bookmarking system: It allows users to save the web pages to read them later on. Also, it eliminates the requirement to create folders and organize them.
- Privacy mode: enabling this mode will block all the trackers and cookies along with other data collection methods to enhance privacy.
- Tab management system: With the help of this feature, you can automatically archive the tabs for a specific period of time. It will prevent the overloading of the servers.
- Switch between search engines: The Browser company has also added an option to change your search engine preferences, like Google, DuckDuckGo, Bing, and Ecosia.
Josh Miller, the current CEO of the Browser Company has announced in a post on X that the primary reason behind this app is to offer the fastest way for the user to search for things. There are some potential limitations associated with the Arc Search. For example, it is available only for iOS 15 users. However, the tremendous functionalities could prove tremendously beneficial for the users.