Google has just announced the Google OMC (Online Marketing Challenge). This is a global competition open to students from universities worldwide. The challenge aims to help students learn about online marketing and develop their skills in this area. In this blog post, we will discuss all you need to know about Google Online Marketing Challenge.
What is Google OMC?
The Google OMC is a global online marketing competition open to students from universities all over the world. The challenge aims to help students learn about online marketing and improve their skills in this field. The Google Online Marketing Challenge is a highly competitive worldwide competition in which over 100,000 students and professors from almost 100 nations participate. The GOMAC is a worldwide competition open to college students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate course at a university. In collaboration with an industry client, student teams compete to design, manage, optimize, and report on digital marketing campaigns that include Google Ads and any other digital advertising platform/channel.
The competition will run for six weeks and will be divided into two parts:
- In the first part, teams of students will create online marketing campaigns for a real business or non-profit organization.
- In the second part, teams will compete against each other to see who can generate the most successful results from their campaigns.
What are the Benefits of Google OMC?
The Google OMC provides an excellent opportunity for students to learn about online marketing and develop their skills in this area. In addition, the competition will give students a chance to apply what they have learned in a real-world setting. The GOMC is also an excellent way for students to network with other marketing professionals and learn from their experiences.
How Can I Participate in Google OMC?
If you want to participate in the Google OMC, you can sign up on the Google website. Once you have registered, you can create a team of up to five members here. Once you have created your team, you can access GOMC resources and begin working on the campaign.
What are the Eligibility Requirements For Google OMC?
To be eligible to participate in the Google OMC,
- To be eligible, you must currently be enrolled as a student at a university.
- You must also have a Google account. If you do not have a Google account, you can create one for free.
- You’ll need an active (not suspended) Google Ad Grants account to participate in the competition.
- People should be aware of your Business.
- Every student can achieve the opportunity of a scholarship.
- Participants must follow the Google guidelines.
- You should belong to the eligible countries list that is given on the list.
- Google OMC has focused only on marketing strategy for the business customers who hold organizations.
The “Professor” is eligible for the scholarship, which means a faculty member, lecturer, or instructor currently employed by a vocational school, community college, or other accredited institution of higher education (each a “Higher Education Institute”). The scholarship is open to those who have completed their doctorate in an academic field.
What are the Rules of Google OMC?
The Google OMC has a set of rules that all participants must follow. These rules ensure fairness and equal opportunities for all competitors. Some of the main rules of the GOMC include:
Each team receives $250 in AdWords funds for a period of three weeks. Students prepare a pre-campaign strategy report and follow it up with a post-campaign analysis before the campaign period has ended. It’s an excellent opportunity for pupils interested in PPC or any other aspect of internet marketing to learn. It’s fast-paced and thrilling, and numerous rewards can be won if you make it through the judging process.
Students have the option of entering this year’s Social Media Marketing, as well as the Social Impact sub-competitions. The teams must complete additional Google+ reports for the social media campaign they execute over five weeks. It would be beneficial to provide a more comprehensive description of the client’s social impact in the Social Impact section. This is an add-on for non-profit organizations only.
- Teams must consist of between three to six members.
- To be a part of the team, it is mandatory for all members to be currently in a university as students.
- Teams must create campaigns for a real business or non-profit organization.
- The teams’ campaign results will be the basis of judgment, rather than their level of creativity.
- Understand the objective of the firm before selecting it. Examine whether or not they genuinely need Online Marketing.
- Google reserves the right to disqualify any team that does not adhere to the competition rules.
What are the Prizes of Google OMC?
1st Position Reward: First Prize: $15,000 donation by Google to the winning Student Team’s Competition Client. For each member of the winning Student Team, a portable computing device with an estimated retail value of roughly $500. At Google’s discretion, residents of certain nations may receive different rewards that are of equal or more excellent value.
2nd Position Reward: Google OMC would give $10,000 to the winning Student Team’s Competition Client and likewise, each Scholar in the winning Student Team would receive a portable computing device with an approximate retail value of $500.
3rd Position Reward: Google has made a $5,000 contribution to the winning Student Team’s Competition Client in honor of its collaboration with Google. Every team member will also get a portable computing device worth $500.
Google OMC is a great opportunity for students who are interested in marketing to get real-world experience. The judging process is fair and offers many rewards for those who succeed. Be sure to read the rules carefully before you enter, and good luck. GOMC is an annual online marketing challenge announced by Google. The objective is to prepare a pre-campaign strategy report and post-campaign analysis.