Not opting for software development tools is like you are fighting a war without weapons. Yes, you read it right, you are unlikely to win. Now it’s not about one software development tool, you see much like weapons, not all of them hit right on target. Some might whereas some might just go in vague. So yes, it is recommendable to consider a wide range of software development tools when starting a new project. Fortunately, you will come across several software development companies that are well-experienced in providing software development services using different programming languages, tools and technologies.
The following post focuses on some of the finest software development tools to keep in mind. I assure you that all the below-mentioned names have a proven track record of creating some of the finest up-to-date and feature-rich applications.
Now before, what is a software development tool? It is a computer program used by software developers not just to create, but also to edit when necessary, manage things when needed, offer adequate support and debug different applications, frameworks and programs. Some of the finest examples of software development tools include – Linkers, Compilers, GUI, debuggers, code editors, and several performance analysis tools.
Top Software development tools To Consider For Conducting Seamless Software Development Process
You see technology is here to stay, there is no debate about it. You can see for yourself in the upcoming years. Down below I would like to mention certain software development tools to take into consideration in 2022. So without further ado, let’s begin!
If you are looking for a software development tool that offers a comprehensive environment to accomplish tasks irrespective of their complexity, then Atom turns out to be the most preferred choice. The open-source integrated development environment has the potential to run on almost all the operating systems including Windows, macOS, Linux and so forth. Do you know what feature makes Atom top this software development tools list? It’s the ability to integrate with third-party software. Of course, you can even opt for Adobe’s Bracket or Microsoft’s VSCode, but Github’s Atom wins against all the odds.
You see there is much more to being a hyper-modern text editor. Further below I would like to mention certain benefits offered by ATOM:
- Easy to use
- Comprises a wide range of extensions
- Offers an incredible amount of language and syntax support
- By using Atom, software developers can generate their very own style or theme.
- You will find tons of features and functionalities making it useful for every need
- Numerous software developers can view, edit and compare files all at the same time.
So why the heck Atom shouldn’t be considered as your next-generation integrated development environment software programming tools?
Another interesting software development tool to take into consideration is GitHub. Now I am sure you must be knowing what GitHub is? It’s the finest software development platform considered by several renowned software development companies to make their web development journey hassle-free. Initially created as a web-based Git repository hosting service, today GitHub has been known globally like never before. If you are looking for the best cloud-based platform to code, look no further than GitHub.
It may quite interest you to know that in the year 2020, more than 60 million new repositories were developed assisting millions and millions of software developers across the globe. Further below I would like to mention certain benefits of using this software development tool in particular.
- Free to use
- Working on Open-source projects is no longer an issue
- Proper Documentation
- GitHub is a Repository so one can easily share their work
- Tracking changes is also possible
- Allows Third-party integration
- Strong and Active Community
On and all, such software development tools can provide great help in saving your time and energy. So what are you waiting for? Take a leap of faith, explore and build better results.
Another software development tool to take into account is Chromedev Tools. As the name itself implies, chrome dev tools act as a great ally for software programmers irrespective of their experience level. Now, what exactly are these chrome dev tools? They comprise a different bunch of tools enabling these tech-savvy geeks to modify, test and see how code works.
So what are these tools available in chrome dev tools?
- Elements – Here code can be inspected and edited. And all this happens in real-time. All the changes whether they are made in CSS or HTML will be saved.
- Network – Do you want to optimize your page? Here in the panel, you will get some resources which can also be downloaded in real-time.
- Timeline – Here you get an overview of the time spent.
- Profile – Optimizing the code is easy and you can also get a clear idea of where the resources are being spent.
- Application – All the resources can be inspected here
- Security – With the help of the certificate, all the problems can be debugged!
This Java-based IDE is pretty much in hype these days. You see developers are going gaga over IntellijIdea. At present, developing a new application is not an easy task. You see it takes a hell lot of multiple languages, frameworks and technologies to come up with the best possible outcome.
A software development tool named Intellij IDEA comes in extremely handy and can assist in boosting productivity like no other option. What makes IntelliJ IDEA a cut above? Well, right from clever code completion to static code analysis, and refactoring, the software programming tool takes care of every such need. Its astounding list of features includes:
- Built-in version control system
- framework-specific support
- Integrated terminal
- Analyzing errors, easy and quick navigation, in-depth coding aid
Azure is another reputable software development tool used by web developers to build unique web applications. Backed by a tech giant named Microsoft is one of the crucial reasons why Azure is so much in demand. Today the future of cloud computing seems pretty bright, no two ways about it! And Microsoft Azure has already succeeded in offering fruitful results to big brands such as Walmart, FedEx, HP and so forth.
Did you know that this software development tool comprises more than 200 applications and N number of capabilities? Below I would like to mention certain common yet crucial ways Microsoft Azure helps businesses to deal with:
- PaaS – Platform As A Service
- SaaS – Software As a Service
- IaaS – Infrastructure As a Service
Benefits of using Microsoft Azure include:
- Speed and agility
- Improvised flexibility
- Disaster recovery in a quick manner
- High-end Security
- Unmatched Hybrid capabilities
- Analytics and intelligence capabilities
- Easy learning curve
- Cost-efficient platform
Instead of calling it a software development tool, I would rather call this a developer-focused community where end users can seek the important answer in less amount of time. Now many of you have this misconception that Stack Overflow can be considered an Encyclopedia? Well, it’s not so! In fact, this one is a pure combination of different forums, blogs, and informative articles that programmers and developers can get their hands on easily.
In fact, here developers have to right to vote too for the most useful answer that has assisted software developers in troubleshooting their problems. Further below I would like to mention certain benefits offered by Stack Overflow:
- It offers a sheer volume of usable content
- It is pretty much recommendable for seeking answers, especially coding-related answers
- Here you will find excellent candidates for your service
- Developers can even learn while browsing
- It is the best platform to show coding skills as well
- Better Communication
- Enhanced Speed
- Improvising Analytical Skills and Problem Solving Ability
Last but certainly not the least option we have is Asana. Now, what should be an ultimate objective of a software developer? It has to be to deliver a high-end app, right? Well, now app development is an ongoing development process featuring several small chunks. And keeping track of these chunks is extremely important and here Asana comes to the rescue.
It is one of the easiest way where software development teams can keep track of their ongoing jobs. Though this one is a task management tool but can be easily considered a software development tool. Different types of software developers can share the project result or even the result can be shared among different departments seamlessly.
And we have reached the conclusion part! These are some of the worthiest software development tools to take into account. I assure you that each weapon mentioned here in the article will be effective when kept in your software development arsenal. So what are you waiting for? Time to make the right choice. Good Luck!