There are so many things to consider when it comes to SEO that it is not really surprising that many companies hire SEO experts to do this job for them. It is a vital factor for attracting people to your site.
One element that brands should be paying particular attention to, especially now that the use of mobile devices is so popular, is SEO for local businesses. Local search is growing and adapting at a rapid rate. In fact, a recent search engine survey shows that 46% of all Google searches are now local and this is set to increase further in the near future.
By 2021, mobile devices alone will influence $1.4 trillion in local sales, as more and more mobile users are looking for local businesses.
What Is Local SEO?
This refers to the process of optimizing your business’ presence online to attract customers and sales from relevant local searches which take place on search engines. It works in pretty much the same way as the general SEO, but with an added geographical component.
Therefore, if you are a local business but still don’t have your local SEO in order, you are missing out on a huge opportunity!
The ultimate aim of any local business is to appear in Google’s 3-pack, the collection of top 3 results for your local search. This pack used to be top 7 but has recently changed so that it is now a better fit for mobile devices. But how do you get your business there?
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Have a dedicated contact page on your site where your ‘NAP’ is clearly displayed (name, address, and phone number). If possible, you should also display your email address.
- Include all of your business addresses.
- Make the mobile numbers displayed on your site clickable on mobile devices so that users can call you in one click. They might not bother with a phone call if they find they have to switch apps and enter the number manually.
- Add a map of your locations to make it easier for people to find you.
- Make sure that your business is listed on the main review platforms out there such as Tripadvisor and Yelp.
- Fill out a profile on Google My Business and other search engine profiles.
These are just a few of the techniques that you should be using in order to stay on top of your local SEO. The infographic below will provide you with 72 other stats to help you on your SEO journey so you will not only rank highly in local SEO but in all searches. It is created by the highly professional SEO team of SEO Tribunal to aid beginners to get started properly.