When trying to encourage potential customers to use (or buy from) your business it can seem like there’s an endless number of marketing mediums you can use to get in front of these people and persuade them to do business with you.
The advent and growth of digital marketing over the past decade has made the decision of choosing which marketing mediums to employ and which to look over ever-more difficult, as more and more have come onto the market to temp advertising budgets from every direction. But there are certain mediums which simply can’t be ignored, four of which are:
An unsurprising inclusion at the number one spot, print marketing may sound old-fashioned in a world of digital marketing and advertising, but many organisations are finding that a reduction in rivals promoting their business through printed mediums has helped to spur on their own ability to publish in these mediums, as printing costs have fallen in recent years.
If you’re primarily targeting a local audience with your marketing messages, creating flyers, leaflets, banners, and other printed materials is a great way to build your company brand in your local area, as it allows you to attract a whole range of individuals who otherwise may not have come across any of your digital marketing efforts.
2) Niche Newspapers and Magazines
Similar to the above point, the growth in digital marketing has worked into the hands of many individuals who have been advertising in niche newspapers and magazines for decades and are now receiving cheaper rates due to the movement of marketing funds towards the internet and other areas of digital advertising.
Although advertising your company in national newspapers is arguably still a very expensive way of marketing your business, when you advertise in niche newspapers and magazines you:
– Focus in on your potential customers: Similar to how certain forms of digital advertising work (see point four), when you focus in on a niche audience your advertising budget will go much further than when you sporadically market to everybody at once.
– Can direct readers to your website: You should, by all means, ensure that every important piece of information is placed within your newspaper and magazine advertisements, but there’s no reason to say you can’t direct individuals to your website to find out further information.
Sponsorships are most certainly a marketing medium you shouldn’t dismiss as they can form the perfect middle ground for a digital marketing crossover, discussed in further detail in point four.
Sponsorships come in all shapes and sizes. From sponsoring enormous corporate events to sponsoring your local town’s football team, sponsorships should form a core part of your marketing strategy because:
– They bring you good karma: Not in a wishy-washy sense, but rather in the sense that advocates or supporters of the company, service, or organisation you sponsor will be grateful of your support, and thus support you.
– They’re perfect for multi-level promotion: When you sponsor an event, for example, the event organiser will place your logo not just at the event’s venue and on the program, but all over their personal website and social media accounts.
4) Digital Crossovers
Dismiss crossing over digital and offline marketing media at your peril. Saying you’ll only ever use traditional marketing or you’ll only ever use digital marketing could be the kiss of death as far as your business is concerned. When you employ an experienced digital marketing firm, such as Wickedweb digital agency to focus on the digital side of your marketing, make sure you work with them to put into place a digital crossover strategy, ensuring your printed media and offline advertisements (see points one and two) fall in line with your digital efforts.
Keep in mind that your target customer should be considered at all times, regardless of the marketing medium you’re employing. This also helps to add some consistency to your message when creating campaigns intended for digital crossovers.
In conclusion, there are a number of powerful marketing mediums you shouldn’t dismiss, many of which are older forms of marketing and advertising that can be readily incorporated into today’s digital world.