In the world of social media, we cannot live without our social apps such as Facebook, Whatsapp, Snapchat, etc. Out of all these, when we talk about making a gif or a video stream, Snapchat is one of the top names that comes to our mind. Notwithstanding that Snapchat had a very difficult time in 2020, the company seems focused to stay relevant, and its new updates (such as making streams, playing games, more advanced and customized filters, making public profiles, etc) mean it can work. When we talk about making a public profile to increase our social circle and nourish our relations with friends, enhance communication skills in professional and personal life. At this point, it seems that we naturally want to make a public profile on Snapchat, as long as you are a normal user with an account that is at least a few months old. But not everybody is aware of this update. Therefore, we analyzed the issues faced by youth and made a guide on how to make a public profile on Snapchat.
Table of Contents
Eligibility for making Snapchat public Profile
Only those people can opt to have a public profile on this platform who are 18 and above.
Also, beware that Snapchat may not allow you to make a public profile if:
- You are a new user on Snapchat. (means merely 24 hours have not passed yet after becoming a snap chatter)
- Do not have any bi-directional friends. (bidirectional means at least one of your Snapchat friend have to accept your request and you should accept his request.
- l have not followed Snapchat’s community guidelines
Before starting the profile making, let us tell you one thing. To get a high level of public profile that contains analysis and information about your content, you must have at least 5,000 followers and apply for the Snapchat program using the Google form available on their website. In this article, you will find two ways as an answer to how to make a public profile on Snapchat.
- What Is Snapchat?
- Which Social Media Apps Are Used in Our Daily Lives?
- Top 6 Apps to Spice up your Brand on Social Media
- Top 5 Social Media Management Tools
Open Snapchat and click the profile icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
Now click the “gear” symbol in the upper right corner again.
Scroll down to the “Who Can” option, and make the following changes for each collection below.
- Send me a notification: Everyone
- View my story: Everyone
- See my location: My friends
- Use my cameo selfie: Everyone
- See me in quick add: Turned On
After doing these changes, shut down the app and started again.
That’s it! You just made your profile public successfully. Now you are able to reach everyone in your circle of friends. Also will see you in the suggestions and can contact you.
- Instagram Image Sizes: A Handy Guide For Instagram Users (2021 Updated)
- The best tool to get free Instagram followers & likes
Create a New Public Profile
Open Snapchat and click the profile icon in the upper left corner.
Depending on your device and application version, you might now have a new feature called Add to Snap Map under Stories or Spotlight and Snap Map. Next to this option, click the 3-dot symbol.
Now click “Create Public Profile”.
Note: In case you don’t have the “Create a public profile” option, you can try to change your location to the United States via VPN. This technique seems to be effective only for certain users. If this does not work for you, you must wait a few days before Snapchat can officially launch public profiles in your area.
Now, Snapchat will guide you through all the new features that must be provided for the first level of the public profile. Click Next at the bottom of the screen to continue to the next step.
Now click “Start” at the bottom.
Snapchat will now show you on screen the confirmation of the last time you created a public profile. Click “Create” to go to the next step. You will be returned to the “Settings” page, and there should now be a new section called “Public Profile” with a new “My Public Profile” under it. Click it to start.
Now click “Edit Profile” to edit all the information contained in your public profile.
That’s it! You now have a new public Snapchat profile.
Advantages of Public Profile
There are several types of public profiles in Snapchat, the main purpose of which is to distinguish creators of different levels. Most of these profiles have an approval process that requires you to make a request, but creating a simple public profile is completely free and new for all Snapchat users. Let’s take a look at the main functions.
- Impact on content added to the snapshot map and public stories
- enhances communication skills
- makes you a more social person and let you use your skills to enhance your career and personal relationships
- Keeps other people aware about you.
- Keeps you updated about the other people activities
- Lets you relax by having fun, talking strangers and making new friends
- Subscribe button for your audience
- improves your ability and increases your creativity
- Highlights area
- Your name will appear on all publicly released images
- Your shots will also be published ( Including your creations and collections)
As you have seen from the above article Snapchat seems to have recognized the importance of providing such a platform for future artists, so the new public profile feature seems to be one of them. The public profile is essentially a new and latest version of your current account and can be used to post content. Users can use this platform to develop their talents, create interesting content, and more. In this way, the users that are snapchatters will be able to enjoy, learn and improve their verbal and social communication skills exceptionally.